Thursday, October 29, 2009

Introduction: Edit

Upon reflection, my introduction was lengthy and just, too much.

I am always doing this; I am always giving too much of an explanation. In school, I was always the student getting points deducted for writing too much, for not staying within the maximum page limit. And for this, I would be called an overachiever by peers. I’ll admit, in many ways, I am an overachiever. But would an overachiever really want to get a 10 point deduction for writing 2 too many pages? I think not. And see, I’ve done it again. I have over-explained my compulsion to over- explain.

So, to correct/shorten my introduction (not delete, mind you, I never seem to permanently delete anything from my life and am finding that as I age, I may be developing a hoarding compulsion) here is my second blog entry, the way my first one should have been written. Short and to the point.

I am lost. I want to find my way, like Tom Petty in his song, “Square One.” This song inspired my blog and gives me the hope that I can find my way too, from square one. Listen to it.


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment